Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Polytec are recruiting for a Materials Control Analyst to join a global team based just north of Cambridge. We are looking for someone who will take overall responsibility for the costing process and be responsible for updating and analysing key cost data across multiple sites. We're offering a competitive salary and some generous benefits.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Identify and lead opportunities for cost-related process improvements
* Track and report key product BOM costs. This will also involve liaising with the purchasing team to provide detailed BOM cost forecasts.
* Manage the annual standard costing activities and assist other sites with data generation and analysis.
* Resolution of cost related data quality issues including analysis of manufacturing variances.
* Optimise inventory levels striving towards best in class inventory turns and short lead times to customers.
* Improve forecast accuracies by supporting the Global S&OP process, checking and correcting ERP setups across global manufacturing sites and data integrity of spares forecasts.
* Bi-annual obsolescence provisioning, working with finance and product managers across the business to highlight products that are surplus to our projected requirements.
* Provide key product lifecycle information to product managers to assist with decisions on manufacture end dates and spares support periods.
* Manage the product transitions from production to spares support providing key data to the Materials and Purchasing teams.
* Work with Product Management to optimise spares offerings, improve customer satisfaction and reduce risks of obsolescence.
* Lead development and testing of ASCP/Oracle changes.
* Support other manufacturing sites/suppliers with ERP system integration/EDI linking
What We're Looking For:
* Educated to HND or Equivalent in a subject with a substantial Maths/Statistics element
* Technically Proficient in data extraction and analysis tools (MS Access, Excel, TM1, Oracle Discoverer).
* Expert in Multi site ERP tools (SAP/Discoverer)
* CIPS/CILT qualifications would be a bonus
* End to End Knowledge of long lead time complex supply chains.
* Knowledge of multi-site distribution networks.
* Experience of stock setting and demand forecasting.
* Knowledge and experience of inventory and logistics analysis.
* Demand forecasting and trend analysis.
* Stock obsolescence and end of life management.
* Root Cause analysis in a supply chain environment
* Project management.
* KPI management.
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be an independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels.
* Strong data analysis skills, ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
* Six Sigma or Lean Operations background desired
[ Cambridgeshire, Salary to: £45,000 | vacancy reference : 32170 ]