Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for talented, creative and engaged physicists and engineers with a background in optics or sensors for our Cambridge based client. Various levels of experience from graduates to subject matter experts will be considered.
* You will be a talented, creative, analytical engineer or physicist, with excellent numerical and practical skills
* You will have an excellent degree in Physics or Engineering with a focus on optics or sensor technologies
* Strong technical skills, with key strengths in practical application of the sciences are essential
* A post-graduate qualification with a high level of practical experience would be advantageous
* You will have experience of coding tools (e.g. Python, MATLAB)
* Experience in simulation tools (Zemax, ANSYS) would also be advantageous
* You will be an enthusiastic team player
* Medical device industry experience would be advantageous, but not essential
* Good communication skills are essential as a major part of your role will be interacting with clients and multi-disciplinary project teams made up of scientists, engineers and designers
Working in a multidisciplinary project group, you will have the opportunity to see your work contribute to the creation of new products in the medical technology sector.
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills and work on a wide range of technologies, such as hyperspectral imaging, ultrasound or machine learning.
Projects may involve:
* Carrying out technology landscaping, working with strategy analysts to provide insights that will inform strategic decisions
* Analysing measurement problems or proposed technical solutions to assess feasibility
* Developing new medical technology products where scientific principles are turned into hardware, working with mechanical, electrical and software engineers, industrial designers and human factors specialists
* Identifying unmet needs in medical technology and creating breakthrough technology demonstrators in internal projects
* Projects ranging from purely theoretical work to the conception, design, build and testing of hardware
* Interacting directly with clients as part of project work and providing technical insight when contributing to the sales effort.
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31789 ]