Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Production Build Technician to join the busy Manufacturing Team of a company based in North Hertfordshire.
* Work hands on as part of the assembly team to assemble, wire and test products.
* Follow a defined process accurately.
* Work within the Production Engineering team and other internal functions to continuously identify design, process and efficiency improvements.
* Ensure that production documentation is correctly recorded and is kept up to date.
* Effective communication to maintain maximum efficiency.
* Work as part of the team to ensure work is completed to required timescales, output and quality targets.
* Involved in the implementation and maintenance of lean manufacturing philosophies.
* Experience of working in a technical manufacturing, production or assembly environment.
* Knowledge in mechanical assembly techniques.
* Understanding of mechanical fault finding.
* Ability to read and understand basic mechanical drawings.
* Mechanical build skills.
* Ability to skilfully use a wide range of engineering hand tools.
* Ability to fit and route wiring harnesses.
* Ability to follow a defined process without deviation.
* Ability to inspect and identify faulty components against a drawing.
* Ability to communicate at all levels effectively and ask for help when necessary.
* Professional / conscientious manner of working.
* Safety conscious.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Team worker.
* Focussed approach to tasks.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Reliable and trustworthy.
* Understanding of quality, cost and efficiency.
The following would be an advantage
* Experience of working in a cell-type manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles.
* Understanding of electrical fault finding.
* Experience of working in a commissioning / test environment.
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Hourly rate: £15.00 | vacancy reference : 31706 ]