Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
This client designs & develops laboratory equipment for the life sciences industry. This new post of Data Scientist will contribute to development projects on how the company will shape the process/analyse multivariate data. The role will be based at their site on the Cambridge/Hertfordshire border but may require occasional travel to customers & other development groups within the organisation globally.
Key job accountabilities will include:
* Formatting data (and automating the formatting of data) from a broad range of sources for analysis.
* Working with multi-discipline engineering teams to analyse experimental data, present conclusions and shape the development of software and hardware systems
* Working with software development teams to encode data formatting and data analysis algorithms into finished products
* Multivariate Data Analysis - likely with SIMCA
* Evaluation of spectroscopy data
* Assisting with troubleshooting customer issues relating software data processing
To be considered for the role you should have a PhD/ EngD, MSc, or Degree level qualification plus equivalent experience in relevant field of study, e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mathematics.
Your experience should cover:
* General Programming skills and data manipulation (e.g. Python, C#, C++)
* Mathematical statistical scripting (e.g. R or Matlab)
* Multivariate Data Analysis (e.g. SIMCA, PLS Toolbox, Unscrambler)
* Mathematical / Statistical data evaluation methods and algorithms
* Spectroscopy data evaluation (ideally Raman and NIR
You must have skills including:
* Rapid software prototyping / scripting
* Multivariate data analysis
* Mathematical / Statistical data evaluation
* Spectroscopy data evaluation
* Cell culture experience
* Engineering Product Development Lifecycle
* Software Development Process
* Experimental design, including Design Of Experiments approaches
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary to: £55,000 | vacancy reference : 31466 ]