Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a software engineer to take on responsibility for the design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of high-quality software for new systems and enhancements to existing systems for a company based in Royston. There is a focus on User Experience and User Interface development and will involve both individual working as well as team working. In addition, dependant on experience, this role can include leading small teams and the general technical management of others.
* Work within projects to
- Realise system requirements into designs and software code, specialising in User Experience and User Interface elements.
- Ensure that applications meet user requirements, provide an excellent user experience, and meet all identified standards, guidelines and corporate branding requirements.
- Develop and complete required documentation, including contribution to product user manuals
- Participate in team and project meetings.
- Discuss requirements with stakeholders.
* To build expertise regarding User Interface Design across company products and act as knowledge area expert within the software group.
* To participate fully in continuous improvement activities, and to pro-actively identify opportunities for improvement in the processes used. Taking responsibility, where designated, for designing and implementing the changes necessary.
* As appropriate, Software Engineers will also be expected, from time to time, to undertake both Architectural Design work and/or to adopt the role of Software Lead on suitable projects.
* To undertake all work in accordance with the appropriate Quality Standards and processes.
* Minimum BSc (Hons) 2:1 or equivalent from established University, preferably Computer Science or Software Engineering
* Industrial experience in software development within a quality-conscious environment.
* Extensive experience in User Interface development and demonstrated excellence in design and delivery of sophisticated User Experience.
* Fluent in C#, WPF and User Interface development through professional use with Visual Studio development environment.
* Using version control, change control and code quality control processes.
* Using automated software build, release and test environments (e.g. TFS)
* Working in Agile teams using applied frameworks (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean, FDD, TDD).
* Working in environments where regular builds, unit tests and integration testing are the norm and able to contribute to these activities
* C# with .Net Framework in Visual Studio (recent/current version)
* User Interface Design with WPF
* Experience with common patterns and techniques for User Interface construction including MVVM
* Agile framework; SCRUM, Lean
* TFS and GIT
* Clear verbal and written communications
* Team worker
* Good time management
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32117 ]