Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a test and design engineer to cover a current resource gap within a company based just outside Royston. You will have a strong background in developing test processes, test rigs and test-automation hardware and harnesses for given functional requirements and specifications.
Previous experience of testing electro-mechanical devices, developing automated test-rigs, manufacturing test-rigs or product functional testing solutions from concept to delivery is essential.
This will appeal to an engineer with a Manufacturing or Test Engineering background, who has a passion for designing test solutions and harnesses for PCBs, electro-mechanical assemblies and complex machinery for industrial / production usage.
* Designing and building test rigs and harnesses for PCBs, electro-mechanical assemblies and complex machinery from scratch
* Hands-on manufacturing of test-rigs / cable harnesses for test solutions
* Work with other Engineers and Production Operators to capture requirements for test-rig functionality
* Validate test-rig designs / solutions against requirements specification
* Test and program incoming stock PCBs against existing specifications and using existing tools and rigs. Fault finding and debug of PCBs
* Maintaining consumables stock for the lab
* Helping with electrical commissioning and debug of machines
* Degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a reputed university
* A minimum of 2 years' hands-on experience in developing ATE / Test Solutions for bed-of-nails testing, flying-probe testing or black-box testing
* Able to define test processes for new designs and assemblies for functional and quality-assurance validation
* Able to select, specify, and source components (switches, power supplies, data acquisition systems, communications adaptors) for design
* Working with Data Acquisition tools like Pico oscilloscopes, multi-meters, DAQs and programmable AC / DC power supplies
* Comfortable with high-voltage DC (>1kV) and AC (1-phase and 3-phase) designs
* Strong knowledge of operator, product, and equipment safety in test environments
* Knowledge of industrial communications protocols such as MODBUS, Ethernet, and using RS232 / RS485 for serial communications interfacing
* Experience of PCB design for test-rigs would be an added advantage
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32116 ]