Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a System Test Engineer to take on responsibility for managing and executing independent third-party system testing of complex automation products for a company based in Royston. You will assist multidisciplinary product teams in both early and mature product development activities by planning for, managing scope and executing the testing required to ensure products are fully tested and ready for on-schedule production and distribution.
Please contact Polytec for further details.
* Degree in an engineering or science subject
* Electromechanical engineering or mechatronic engineering desirable
* Several years of relevant industrial experience in the systems integration and engineering arena conducting testing within a quality-conscious environment
* Experience in the creation of test plans, test cases and executing system integration tests and factory acceptance tests
* Experience in root cause analysis of system failures. Fault-finding, diagnosing to subsystem level
* Experience in testing automated systems built using modern electronic and mechanical components, driven by complex software
* Experience of working in environments where electronic, mechanical and software design activities are the norm
* Experience of using change control processes
* Experience of using test management tools to design, execute and maintain test cases
* Experience of raising and logging fault/defect reports in a defect management system
* Experience of general computer and peripheral configuration, and common mechanisms for computer communication and control over external components
* Test Planning. Writing, and executing manual test cases
* Ability to grasp large and complex automated systems
* Use of desktop tools to produce and maintain test documentation, reports and presentations
* Multi-discipline team working
* Good problem-solving skills
* Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness
* Clear verbal and written communications
* Excellent record keeping
* Independent and systematic way of working
* Probing attitude in testing systems, self-directed generation of test approaches
There may be a requirement for overseas travel with this role.
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 32057 ]