Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We need a high-calibre engineer who can combine scientific understanding, creativity, engineering design and project leadership skills to develop the next generation of advanced laboratory instruments for a company based just outside Royston.
This is a product development role and extends from initial concept through to introduction into Manufacturing and into the early stages of product support.
You will be responsible for helping to define product requirements, through close contact and collaboration with customers, and for the early prototyping work necessary for de-risking the technology. As the design progresses you will be expected to develop working prototypes for placements with customers and gather user feedback for iterating the design, along with input from in-house manufacturing engineers. Once the product is developed, tested and proven you will be responsible for ensuring that the design data and know-how is transferred through to the manufacturing and service teams to enable serial production and product support. Throughout, you will be working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, with increasing project leadership responsibilities.
* A First or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related subject) from a leading university, with a thorough understanding of materials, mathematics, mechanics, structures and fluid mechanics
* At least three years' experience in a product development environment working on electro-mechanical products with a high level of mechanism content
* Strong technical problem-solving skills
* A good understanding of the product development process and experience of working in a multi-disciplinary project team
* Can demonstrate Project Leadership Skills
* Experience of using SolidWorks CAD (or similar)
* Practical mechanical engineering skills.
* First class verbal and written communication skills, fully proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
In addition, possessing or having experience of the following would be very beneficial:
* An understanding of mechanical refrigeration systems down to -80c
* F-Gas qualification
* A thorough understanding of HFC and HC refrigerants
* Fast prototyping of ideas and concepts
* Material science
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary to: £50,000 | vacancy reference : 31795 ]