Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Product Development Leader to support their customers' business needs at senior management level & translating these ideas from development into product covering both quality and from a manufacturing viewpoint. The position is based in Cambridge and offers great benefits!
You'll be defining the development and testing / verification strategy for high volume electronic products (typically consumer electronics) from early stage, proof of concept, through to high-volume new product introduction and manufacturing ramp-up.
Understanding end-user/customer needs from a quality and manufacturing viewpoint, for example by working as part of a team to turn 'user stories' into product requirements and end-product validation testing strategies.
Providing overall direction for the creation of test plans from requirements involving hardware component-level testing as well as software testing and developing automated test systems
Defining and auditing supplier quality and test mechanisms, and reviewing failure analyses
Using your personal experience and credibility to build relationships with senior management within the manufacturing and operations areas of existing and new client organisations, including leading the delivery of some projects in a senior client-facing role.
Developing and expanding the broader team to improve manufacturing business understanding.
Act as a senior leader within the team driving a collaborative culture and maximising the potential of client relationships.
* A good degree in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
* Solid & significant experience of high-volume new product introduction, quality, test and validation, including having had a leading role in successfully getting several high-volume products from early stage concept through to volume manufacture ideally on consumer electronics, they could consider applicants with relevant and transferable high-volume experience, e.g. automotive)
* Thorough and practical understanding of process improvement methods (e.g. Lean Six Sigma).
* Experience with defining verification/test strategies: including design of experiments, statistical process control methods and theory, life and failure rate predictions. Experience of defining 'test-to-failure' (any experience of HALT and HASS/HAST methods, and in interpreting their results would be highly beneficial).
* Experience with compliance, certification, and safety testing (FCC, UL, CE, UN DOT, etc.)
* Ability to communicate clearly and credibly - orally and in writing - with senior managers in manufacturing roles for current customers & potential customers.
* A pragmatic, collaborative and open-minded approach to problem solving and the adoption of novel solutions.
* Experience of financial analysis and business planning, for example gained as a product manager, would be a valuable addition to the above requirements.
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31793 ]