Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Process Technician to work for a company on the west side of Cambridge. This is on a two-year contract in the first instance working full time Monday to Friday 37.75 hours a week.
You will be responsible for the close control over the handling and use of processing equipment and assist with higher risk activities such as modifications to the gas handling system and resupply.
* Responsible for the close control over the handling and use of processing equipment
* Assist the Principal Technician and the Facilities Manager to undertake all higher risk activities, such as modifications to the gas handling system and resupply, which is particularly important when the hazard presented is acute.
* Assist with the building operations, including close monitoring of temperature, water supply, solar energy generation and AV facilities
* Responsible for storing and cataloguing of equipment, PCs and Laptops, as well as desks and chairs and their deployment according to the users' needs
* Update desks and door signs
* Processing graphene and related materials using various clean room-based equipment, in order to maintain a steady production of materials for use
* Update web pages with all available facilities, including brief descriptions and pictures, as well as responsibility for purchasing any item required for the running of the departments
* Maintain and update a database of all purchases to ensure easy accounting and traceability
* Train users on a variety of procedures and processes used in the facilities
* At least HNC / Degree level qualification or gained experience and specialist knowledge
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work to instructions and take ownership of a job
* Problem solving capabilities
* An interest in Engineering
* Manual dexterity and eye to hand co-ordination is essential
* Experience in providing training to groups on a one to one basis
* Experience in solution processing and printing
* Experience of working with chemicals and gases
* Experience in handling chemicals, and clean room processing equipment is necessary
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31695 ]