Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced Shipping and Receiving Technician with knowledge of shipping both domestically and internationally, knowledge of Incoterms, import and export, shipping documentation, to be the main customs liaison for a business based in Cambridge. You will also be involved with goods in, receiving of stock and stock management activities.
You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient export of consumables and equipment in-line with business need, whilst ensuring compliance with UK and international trading, import and export regulations. This is an excellent opportunity for applicants from a logistics or shipping background, looking to build upon their knowledge of import and export processes and regulations.
* To fully prepare domestic and international shipments of consumables and products
* To provide guidance and direction to internal and external groups on delivery times and costs
* To understand and fully comply with export regulations providing accurate shipping paperwork
* Complete shipping certificates EUR 1, ATA etc ensuring compliance with the authorities
* Work collaboratively with internal and external partners on all shipment activities
* General shipping administration activities
Goods In Receiving
* You will manage the day to day receiving of goods, quality checking and booking stock into the system
* The role will also involve stock management working alongside the Production team.
* Ensure best practice stock control
* Kitting Works Orders
* Unpacking of goods
* Distribute mail and internal goods as they arrive
* General inspection and signing of stock receipts
* Booking stock into MRP system
* Organising stock on shelves and bins.
* Packing goods for shipping or returns
* Assisting in stock audits.
* Assisting in general production tasks (Chip coating)
* Keeping stores / work areas neat and tidy
* Minimum 2 years' experience within shipping, logistics, import or export field; in-house or with a forwarder
* Previous handling of stock and all-round stores experience
* Familiar with Export Documentation, Export Regulations and IATA regulations
* Strong communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
* Excellent IT Skills, knowledge of ERP or similar advantageous
* Able to lift loads and move goods
* A second European language would be advantageous
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31690 ]