Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are seeking a driven, experienced and highly motivated individual to lead a group focussing on in vivo pharmacology and disease models within Translational Biology. The role will involve cutting edge research in microbiome therapeutics and will be central to the progressing of new medicines.
* Establish novel models of host and microbiome biology relevant to human disease, with a focus on autoimmunity, IBD and immuno-oncology
* Deliver data packages to support candidate selection and submission to regulators.
* Lead in vivo biology capability in the company
* Set up and develop mammalian cell biology and organoid capability for testing of modulation by anaerobic gut bacteria
* Develop immunological assays and gut cellular models for functional characterisation of candidate bacteria
* Liaise with external CROs to develop assays to support projects where necessary
* Maintain a strong knowledge of, and developments in, immunology and microbiome biology.
* Ensure integrity of data from the group within the program teams
* Be an effective and accountable contributor within program teams
* Manage, mentor and develop group members
* PhD in a biological discipline with an additional five years or more industry experience in in vivo pharmacology, ideally within the fields of immunology / autoimmunity or immuno-oncology.
* Experience and interest in establishing novel animal models of disease based on understanding of underlying biological mechanisms
* Ability to design, execute and document rigorous testing of therapeutic agents to the highest standards of quality and reproducibility, suitable for selection as development candidates and submission to regulators
* Ability to innovate in the development of novel models of human biology or disease applied to a new therapeutic modality, i.e. live bacterial therapeutics
* Effective team player and manager
* A high level of motivation and willingness to contribute flexibly as required in order to help the company succeed
* Proactivity in solving challenges to answer the needs of the company programs
* A high level of organisation
* Ability to work independently and deliver projects to timescale and budget
* Good presentational skills, both oral and written
* Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31665 ]