Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated cell biologist with an interest in translational research and the development of novel live bacterial therapies for future clinical trials. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to play a key role in building a new biotech company.
You will play a key role in the discovery of novel therapeutic candidates comprising a consortium of live bacteria delivered orally to the intestinal tract, initially in the ulcerative colitis and immuno-oncology programs.
You will be an enthusiastic cell biologist with extensive immunology and a strong interest in mucosal immunology and its modulation by the gut microbiota.
* Set up and develop mammalian cell biology and organoid capability for testing of modulation by anaerobic gut bacteria
* Develop immunological assays and gut cellular models for functional characterisation of candidate bacteria
* Liaise with external CROs to develop assays to support projects where necessary
* Maintain a strong knowledge of, and developments in, immunology and microbiome biology
* Ensure integrity of data from the group within the program teams
* Be an effective and accountable contributor within program teams
* Manage, mentor and develop group members
* PhD in mucosal immunology or a related field with a strong translational focus
* Experience of autoimmune disease or cancer immunology, ideally in an industry setting
* Demonstrable ability to exercise scientific judgement in defining and progressing projects suitable for drug development
* Proven management experience
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Demonstrable and outstanding personal initiative, ability to work effectively as part of a team, meet deadlines and efficiently multitask
* Demonstrable ability to work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of creative input
* Strong leadership skills
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31664 ]