Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a Royston based company to ensure that their products can be manufactured meeting quality, delivery and cost targets. These products contain complex mechanical systems, electronics, software with associated consumables.
* Work with designers and engineers to give Design for Manufacture input during product development projects
* Work with procurement specialists to develop a robust high quality supply chain
* Develop and implement sound manufacturing methods covering all processes from supply chain through configuration, commissioning and packing
* Improve efficiency of production using best practice methods
* Solve manufacturing issues by providing guidance and prioritisation, performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as jigs and fixtures, process change or design change
* Develop, maintain and improve manufacturing documentation
* Capacity planning
* Good degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline or substantial experience in manufacturing engineering of electromechanical assemblies.
* Excellent manufacturing engineering and process development skills
* Experience of the design of jigs and fixtures for manufacturing
* Sound knowledge and experience of NPI processes
* Experience of developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Sound knowledge of engineering principles and best practice
* Sound understanding of Design for Manufacture (DfM)
* Obsessed by quality and nailing down loose ends!
* Able to provide leadership
* Commercial awareness
* Effective management and prioritisation of tasks
* Team based style
* Motivated by continuous improvement
* Completer finisher
The following would be an advantage:
* Good understanding and experience of Lean manufacturing
* Experience of specification and development of test equipment
* Strong customer focus
* Forward looking
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary to: £40,000 | vacancy reference : 31639 ]