Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced Service and Support Engineer to support company products in the field and to commission systems worldwide as required for a company based just outside Cambridge. The role will suit a candidate with strong technical ability, who is comfortable with customer-facing responsibility and who is also able to gain a detailed technical understanding of the company's products.
The work is based around company systems that are installed worldwide at many customer sites.
* The role involves travel, potentially at short notice, with trips being typically 1 - 2 weeks in duration (longer trips may sometimes be necessary).
* Field based commissioning and service activities will make up approximately 25% or the role, with the remaining time spent working from the office.
* The work will include visits to new and existing customers to commission new systems, carrying out service activities and delivering system training.
* The office-based portion of the role will involve providing support to customers and updating technical and procedural documentation.
* Carrying out the role will demand organisation, resourcefulness and flexibility.
* Occasional lone working, with limited field and remote support, should be expected.
* A good telephone manner, good communication skills and a flair for problem solving/decision making are required.
* HNC or above in Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical engineering is highly desired although experience in a similar role will be taken into account
* A background that demonstrates broad technical knowledge and experience and an ability to carry out logical fault diagnosis of electro-mechanical systems
* A willingness to travel worldwide is essential
* Ability to complete accurate reports
* An understanding of software applications is desirable
* Good general I.T. skills are mandatory.
* Good customer facing skills
* The ability to deliver operation and maintenance training on company products
* Commissioning activities may sometimes require working at height and you must be comfortable with this
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31630 ]