Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an Automotive Programme Manager to work closely with the engineering, manufacturing and purchasing teams of a company based just outside Cambridge. You will use your expertise in programme management at an OEM Tier 1 supplier to build and maintain strong and long-lasting customer relationships at senior level.
It is vital that you work closely with customers, managing the relationship effectively and sensitively - success will depend on your knowledge as well as your approach.
* Overall project management of multidisciplinary projects (including, software, hardware and production engineering) associated within the Programme area. You will be responsible for ensuring the projects are delivered to deadline, scope, budget and quality requirements.
* Work closely with talented, passionate and knowledgeable engineers to lead them through the development lifecycle from initial requirements to final delivery. Champion collaboration and communication, leading by example. Hold yourself and others to account and ensure the customers' requirements remain at the heart of what we do.
* Be comfortable with, manage and effectively take care of risk, change and reinvention of process and design. Know the project status (including budget) and make informed decisions at a strategic level with guidance from the Senior Leadership team. Implement a strong framework that allows for transparency as well as conflicting priorities.
* Owning the communication both internally and externally - for the former this may involve regular communication with stakeholders, collation of information and organisation and management of multidisciplinary (including commercial and technical) team meetings. For the latter its paramount that you manage customers' expectations and nurture the relationship -customers are extremely important and you will often be their primary senior contact.
* Developing and managing a resource planning approach
* Managing both the dependencies and interfaces between projects
* Managing the overall financial tracking and reporting of costs
* Ensuring the benefit realisation processes are established and the programmes are accurately tracked and reported.
You will need proven experience in delivering multiple full life-cycle programmes within a change management environment and working closely with OEM Tier 1 suppliers. With demonstrable experience of;
* A good degree in a relevant subject - preferably Engineering - or relevant equivalent experience
* Using project management principles, methodologies and related tools
* Managing enterprise-wide programmes with large cross functional teams incorporating hardware and software development specialists, 3rd parties and business representatives
* Significant leadership experience, to include; facilitation, change management, people management, development and coaching skills
* Influencing colleagues and senior stakeholders
* Defining and delivering programme and project benefit realisation programmes
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31629 ]