Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Research Scientist with expertise in Microbial Fermentation Process development to work in the Preclinical Development Team of a company based just outside Cambridge.
The role will be responsible for the development of fermentation processes that grow selected bacteria in sufficient quantities to be processed into a therapeutic product and for the harvesting and preservation techniques that maximise the viability of the organisms. This will involve close liaison with scientists researching the physiology and function of novel bacteria. There will be an opportunity to both perform experimental work in well-equipped laboratories and to work in collaboration with external contractors.
The major areas of responsibility are:
* As part of a team, develop fermentation processes to produce live bacterial therapeutics
* Liaise with research microbiologists to understand the physiological requirements of novel gut bacteria
* Document experimental work to meet the requirements of appropriate guidelines and regulations
* Operate fermenters and carry out downstream processing
* Maintain and prepare equipment
* Maintain an awareness of new technologies
* A PhD in a relevant discipline (eg: Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering or a closely related subject) or, a BSc in Microbiology or Bioprocess Engineering and two years of experience in a bioprocess development environment utilising fermentation technology
* An ability to work independently
* A natural sense of organisation, team work, as well as sharing know-how and expertise in a multidisciplinary environment
* Good presentational skills, both oral and written
* Flexibility to work in a new and dynamic company
* Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK
The following would be beneficial:
* Experience of developing manufacturing processes for application in GMP manufacture
* Experience in a bioprocess development environment utilising fermentation technology
* An ability to design, execute and document experimental activities to the standards required for regulatory filings
[ Cambridge, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31616 ]