Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a Researcher to propose, investigate and evaluate novel projects and technologies associated with the themes of "sustainability" and "digital transformation". The role will involve a range of activities including technology trend research, detailed assessments of technology status, roadmaps and unmet needs as well as experimental design and execution. Technologies evaluated are expected to be diverse (previous examples include energy storage, thermoelectric devices, biosensors etc) but with the expectation that the evaluation will require significant knowledge of Physics.
This is a full time, fixed term contract due to end in March 2020 and is based just outside Huntingdon.
* Work closely with the Platform Innovation (PI) team to identify and justify topics of interest
* Participate actively in ideation events with well-considered suggestions
* Prepare project proposals drawing from technical solutions, IP and market information as well as commercial considerations
* Design and execute experiments aligned with project requirement
* Analyse experimental data and clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations
* Ensure plans and progress are accurately and timely communicated and reported
* Liaise with academics and industry experts
* Develop core IP to protect this technology
* PhD in physics or a physics-related subject, with ideally a broad-based research focus on developing and demonstrating materials for new technology applications, and excellent academic credentials are essential
* Experience in one or more of these areas: electronic or opto-electronics device physics, computer science is highly desirable
* Experience in statistical analysis is highly desirable
* Experience of developing testing procedures, including writing experimental and data acquisition control programmes for new devices is highly desirable
* Experience of using materials in prototype device structures to demonstrate desired functional properties is desirable
* Creative, inventive with an aptitude for experimental work and with experience of solving complex problems
* A demonstrable interest in developing technical solutions across a range of projects and applications.
* Self-motivation and ability to operate independently in a laboratory environment
* Excellent team-skills, with the ability to interface and effectively communicate across multiple scientific disciplines
* An understanding of the time-critical demands of target-driven Industrial research and of working with drive and passion to work towards critical deadlines
Experience fabricating electronic or opto-electronic devices using solution processing techniques would be an advantage
[ Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, Hourly rate: £neg. | vacancy reference : 31613 ]