Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for a talented, motivated and ambitious Electronics Design Engineer with 2-5 years' experience to join a growing Product Engineering team of a company based just outside Royston.
The role will appeal to a well-rounded engineer with interests spanning a broad range of electronics, control and electrical systems, who is excited by the idea of designing complete systems from scratch and who is keen to work on complex machines.
You will be part of a team developing next-generation digital printing products including Electronics (Circuit and PCB level design); Electrical (system level design and validation); and machine control Software (PLC) development.
* Electronics Design for Products (Analog / Digital Circuits, SMPS, Sensor Interfacing, Schematic Capture and PCB Layout)
* Electrical Design for Machinery and Test-Rigs (PLCs, Power Supplies, Circuit-Protection, Servo-Motor Control, Motor Drives, Inverters etc.)
* Developing Automation solutions using PLCs (using Ladder Logic for coding)
* Testing and validation of new designs, including EMC and Safety compliance
* System debug and problem solving
* First or Upper Second-Class Degree in a relevant discipline from a top engineering university
* 2-5 Years' experience in a hands-on electronics and/or electrical design role in a product-development focused organisation.
* Circuit design for Analog/Digital circuits, Switch-Mode Supplies (AC / DC), FPGAs, Microcontrollers, communication interfaces like USB, Ethernet.
* PCB layout for complex multi-layer PCBs (minimum 4 layers) for high speed digital and low-voltage analogue electronics (including SMPS designs).
* Strong knowledge of Altium Designer for Schematic Capture and PCB Layout essential.
* Knowledge of product and machinery regulatory approvals and standards (CE / UL)
* Hands-on fault-finding and analytical skills for PCBs, machines and systems
* Experience in print industry preferred.
The following skills would be beneficial:
* Electrical Controls design for machinery and small test-rigs
* Electrical Control Panel CAD design for small to medium size panels using 3D CAD (Solidworks Electrical and Solidworks 3D preferred).
* PLC programming for Allen Bradley PLCs in Ladder Logic and using Studio 5000 IDE.
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31564 ]