Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
Polytec are recruiting for a Stores Person for a client based in Royston in their Goods-In area. The booking is for 6 months. You must be able to work a 2-week rota (once fully trained) of 6am to 2pm & 10am to 6pm. You may though have to work occasionally 2pm to 10pm but this is not on a regular basis.
The company pay an enhanced rate of time and a 1/3rd for the hours worked out of the core hours of 08.00 to 16.00.
To be considered for the booking you need to have experience as a Goods-in Stores person with a full clean driving licence* (to use the company vans) and ideally have a fork lift licence too. *You will need to be aged 21 & over for insurance cover for the company vehicles.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Kit items for the Manufacturing and Projects teams and deliver kits to the Manufacturing Cell.
* Manage the supply of items to the Cell and stores Kanban locations.
* Monitor Kanban items and adjust supply quantities where necessary.
* Carry out stock checks on all items in inventory.
* Ensure Syteline is kept up to date at all times.
* Answer hatch queries and requests from the workshop team.
* Goods In - receiving goods and updating relevant systems.
* Driving the company van between office buildings in Royston.
What We're Looking for:
* It is essential that you have a current full driving licence
* Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
* Computer literate and familiar with MS Office
* Proven experience a stores environment
* Working in an engineering/manufacturing type company
* Ability to demonstrate solid, accurate and efficient competence in data
* Able to multi-task effectively.
* Effective communicator (written and verbal).
* Ideally have a Fork-Lift truck licence
[ Royston, Hertfordshire, Hourly rate: £12.00 | vacancy reference : 31530 ]