Please check the information entered!
- Please check the information entered
A log-in email has been sent to your email address
Forgot password? Reset password
We are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join a global Marketing and Communications team based in Cambridge. The role offers a broad variety of work and provides exposure to the very latest advances in technology.
The team acts as an internal agency and delivers a range of activities throughout Europe, Asia and USA, creating global awareness of our client's brand and helping to generate leads across a diverse range of market sectors. You will provide a high-quality marketing service to support our client's commercial goals.
Reporting to the PR Manager, you will become the 'owner of the written word', responsible for the creation, editing and management of engaging marketing content for a variety of purposes and audiences. This will involve planning a meaningful content strategy, analysing and forecasting content performance in the social environment.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about great communication, is an accomplished storyteller and possesses excellent organisational and prioritising skills. With an aptitude for clarity, consistency and quality, you will be a crucial member of a team that delivers a multitude of tasks with demanding timelines. You will be capable of delivering quality work, at speed.
You will be responsible for all marketing copy, including website copy, so SEO experience would be an advantage. You will ensure consistency of message and tone. ensuring written material is consistent, technically credible and of the highest quality.
You must also demonstrate exemplary documentation skills with strong expertise in Microsoft documentation and collaboration tools.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills and a track record and passion for creating copy in disciplines such as technology, engineering, science and innovation. You'll be comfortable working within a modern, professional marketing team and with a range of creative people.
* Work with Divisional Marketing Managers & Communications Managers to develop a content creation plan aligned with short-term and long-term commercial targets.
* Research content topics and create new thought leadership content, consistent with the strategic technologies programme and optimised for channel and audience
* Become the trusted editor and copy approver for the marketing team, proofreading all copy to ensure quality and brand consistency
* Support the digital marketing team with the review and editing of website copy and ensuring search engine optimisation
* Creation of compelling narratives for the Public Relations programme with press releases, editorial and other storytelling activities
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in English, Marketing, Journalism or a relevant field
* Proven experience in a marketing content, publishing or copywriting role
* Excellent English writing and communication skills, including an extreme attention to detail. Obsessive about correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
* Specific experience of writing SEO optimised content, press releases and other press material
* Experience with CMS, marketing automation and social media platforms and tools. Experience with digital advertising and content syndication platforms is desirable
* Comfortable and skilled when needed to challenge the written output of others, in order to ensure brand consistency, quality or relevance.
[ Cambridge,, Salary £neg. | vacancy reference : 31500 ]